How to Set an Out of Office with Outlook Microsoft 365
1. Click on the File tab, then click Info > Automatic Replies (out of office)
2. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, click Send Automatic Replies and specify date and time range. Click Only send during this time range . Type the message that you want to send inside your organization, then click OK.
3. Repeat for Outside my organization tab.
“Send Automatic Replies” will continue to run until you select the “Do not send automatic replies” option.
“Only send during this time range” option will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time is reached.
4. To forward emails during Out of Office schedule. Click on “Rules” in the bottom left hand corner, then click “Add Rule”.
Tick the forward box and add desired email address to forward to. Tick box that says “do not process subsequent rules” press OK. Pop up will ask you to confirm by saying “yes”.
How to Set Out of Office on iphone (Outlook)
1. Open your Outlook app and tap the Home icon in the top left. Then tap the settings gear icon in the bottom left.
2. Tap on your Outlook account.
3. Tap on Automatic Replies.
4. Now toggle Automatic Replies to on, then choose whether to reply to only in my organisation (internal) or reply to everyone (internal and external). Type your message. Tap the check icon in the top right to save. This will activate your out of office.
5. You can choose to set your out of office for a time period, toggle the “reply during a time period” button and fill in your details. If you do not choose a time period you will need to turn off your toggle.
How to Set Out of Office on iPhone
1. Open Settings then scroll down to Mail.
2. Then click on Accounts.
3. Click on your email account.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and toggle “Automatic Reply” to on.
5. Toggle Automatic Reply on and Select how long you want the message to be on for, and then create your custom message. Toggle on “External Away Message” to apply this to people e-mailing from outside of your company, too.
How to Set Out of Office on Android (Outlook)
1. Open your Mail app, and at the top left, tap Menu.
2. Scroll to the bottom, then tap Settings.
3. Choose your account.
4. Tap out of office Autoreply.
4. At the top, toggle the Out of Office Auto Reply to on. Fill in the date range, subject and message. Tap Done.
How to Set Out of Office on Mac (Outlook)
1. In Outlook, click on Tools > select Out of Office from the menu bar.
2. Select Send automatic replies for the account.
3. Enter your out of office response in the Reply to messages with box below.
4. Specify a start and end time for the reply to activate and deactivate. Check the I am out of the office between box and specify the time in the START date and End Date field.
Turn Off Out of Office Replies
If you did not set up the length of time to send replies perform the following.
1. Go to the Tools option.
2. Select Out of Office… and the box will appear.
3. Uncheck the top box that says Send Automatic Replies
4. Select OK to finish.
How to Set Out of Office on Mac Mail
1. Launch Mail and go to preferences > Rules
2. Click add rule > Give it a description > then set your condition to apply to every message using the dropdown menu > then choose to perform the reply to message action from the second drop down menu
3. Next click reply message text to bring up the text input window, here enter the message to send in reply to emails whilst you are out of the office. Then click ok.
4. Mail will now ask you if you would like to apply the rule to existing message. CHOOSE DON’T APPLY. This will ensure only new messages receive your out of office message
Choosing ‘apply’ will send your out of office message to EVERY existing email in your account.
How to Set Out of Office on Webmail
1. Sign in to Outlook on the web
At the top of the page, select the Settings Cog and then View all Outlook settings.
2. Click on Mail, automatic replies, then toggle on automatic replies. Select the Send replies only during a time period check box, and then enter a start and end time.
3. Select the check box for any of the options that you require.
In the box at the bottom of the window, type a message to send to people during the time you’re away.
4. If you want senders outside your organization to get automatic replies, select the check box for Send replies outside your organization.
When you’re done, select Save at the bottom of the window.
If you didn’t set a time period for automatic replies, you’ll need to turn them off manually.